Bosch Dishwasher Fails Regularly

From 1 review

mhoyt's review of Bosch SHY66C05UC

“Bosch Dishwasher Fails Regularly”

Written on: 31/12/2012 by mhoyt (0 reviews written)

I bought a Bosch Dishwasher (model SHY66C05UC) back in 2003. At the time it was the most expensive dishwasher Sears sold. I paid over $1,400 for it. In the nine years that the thing has been in my life, it's been repaired 8 times. There have been multiple problems with the door and it the springs, the soap dispenser, ruptured plastic plumbing and leaking hoses. Two weeks ago, the main control board went out on it. The replacement part runs $350 online.

This dishwasher has had a major failure roughly once a year over it's life. I recently approached Bosch about this. I explained to them that in my 30+ adult years of experience, I've never had to have another dishwasher repaired, ever. Maybe I was lucky all those years but at the price of this dishwasher, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more quality than I've experienced with this dishwasher.

Bosch's response was to direct me to Sears and that I should complain to them regarding the apparent poor repairs that they did under the extended warranty that I had luckily shelled out for. Honestly, with the number of times that I had a Sears service guy come out for this dishwasher, I'm sure Sears lost money on the deal.

I see that Bosch dishwashers review very high but I can tell you from my personal experience that they suck. At least this one did. If their quality was as good as they would have us believe, I'd expect them to be more responsive to my situation. Instead I basically got shrugged off.