Daylight Robberry, borderline fraudulant service

Guest's review of BT 118 500

“Daylight Robberry, borderline fraudulant service”

Written on: 26/03/2013

Just got a mobile bill for £65 which was a shock when it is normally £15 - the extra £50 was mostly made up of 118500 charges. I have been waiting months for BT to connect our phoneline and internet - had I had the internet I would not have had to use their 118500 service. I was under the impression that it was a flat rate fee of around 50p to gain a number and I never let them put me through. I have apparantly made a 9 minute (how I could possibly spend 9 minutes on the line asking for a single phone number is beyond me) which alone cost £23!!!!!!!!! There was no mention of the charges and had I (or anyone for that matter) known that it would cost £23 to get a phone number then I certainly would not have bothered. I have had experiences ranging from bad to worse throughout my life involving BT and this is the last straw. OFCOM here I come.

Davidcmoss8's Comment

Written on: 01/04/2013

I agree completely! I mistakenly put this number on my home phone to use for Directory Enquiries as it was from BT, and have just got my present Bill. One call to this number cost me over £4, despite being on the line for 1.4minutes, and did NOT ask to be connected!! Get off your backsides OFCOM and close this service down!!. This is tantamount to EXTORTION by BT!! I will never use this so called "service" again. If anyone wants Directory Enquiries then ring 118365 - costs around 60 -80p in total