Charged for two ghost 118500 calls

Guest's review of BT 118 500

“Charged for two ghost 118500 calls”

Written on: 18/03/2013

My current bill has a charge for two supposed 118500 calls. Neither my partner nor I have ever used this service or were even familiar with the number to dial. BT insists the calls were made and I insist it was impossible. BT appear to be ignoring me and expect me to pay. So, even if you avoid this service, BT still makes a charge for it. My BT direct debit has now been increased by BT because they say I am using BT more than in the past - due entirely to the false charge. Looks as if I will be needing a new service provider.

Jg4H's Comment

Written on: 13/04/2013

Hi,

I too, have been charged for ghost calls by BT. On my latest bill there was a charge for calling 118 1118 (I didn't) plus charges to 2 0844 numbers that I know for sure that I didn't call! I went onto BT's online chat for help, but the operator kept insisting that the 1181118 was a legitimate call, and one of the 0844s was a heating company! The third number...they couldn't find out what company it was! I am going to write a formal complaint and send copies of false charges they have billed other people for, if necessary, I will go to the ombudsman - I will not be cowtowed by a large company like this, and will also be changing my service provider.