BT Rip off Blind Person using 118500

Nounours's review of BT 118 500

“BT Rip off Blind Person using 118500”

Written on: 04/12/2012 by Nounours (1 review written)

My 94 year old mother used 118500 to find the tel number for a hospital where her friend had been taken to as she was worried about her. As a blind person she does not have the option to write down numbers and dial for herself. The cost of two calls was more than she normally pays for the whole bill!!!
I regard this as flagrant discrimination of the disabled and will be pursuing the matter through the DDA minister. I cannot believe how anyone would imagine a pensioner of limited means but with plenty of common sense would entertain to agreeing to such charges. I will advocate boycotting BT at any given opportunity and will advise my clients to do the same. I think BBC watchdog should take this matter up

Lindsaymcdougall's Response to Nounours's Review

Written on: 22/01/2013

You're not kidding. Here's another pensioner who remembers the days when 192 calls were free, so I didn't hesitate in using the 118500 number. I do know not to get put through, but to write it down, but even so 2 enquiries have cost me ovefr £9.00. I'm fuming. You're right about Watchdog.