47 quid for getting 7 numbers Thanks BT 118 500!

steveknox's review of BT 118 500

“47 quid for getting 7 numbers Thanks BT 118 500!”

Written on: 16/02/2012 by steveknox (1 review written)

Just complained about the fact my mum asked for 7 numbers and was charged 47(forty seven) pounds.
I phoned the operator who offered to deduct 10 pounds if i took it no further.
I refused as i felt it was an insult and wanted to take it further.
I admit that she agreed to be connected but she obviously didn't realise the high cost of them doing this.
especially as the service many years ago was once free.
I contacted the customer help line who seemed to be understanding but they didn't get back to me so i had to complain a second time.
After waiting for many days i was contacted by someone who simply said no chance of a refund.
I will take this as far as i can as i am disgusted that many vulnerable people are being robbed of much needed money in the name of profits. We all know someone who is either old or has some form of learning disability and it is these folk who can least afford to lose this sort of money. It is also unlikely that these people would have access to the internet that the rest of us take for granted.
I will be terminating my contract with BT as will my parents so is it really worth it 118500?

Anyone have any advice to further my quest ?

Joeok's Response to steveknox's Review

Written on: 18/02/2012

Don't give in Steve, I got a full refund (in postal orders and 1st class stamps)Put your claim in writing they will pay up eventually. This service is a complete rip off