£2.00 per minute inc vat. When connected by BT on Orange

joeok's review of BT 118 500

“£2.00 per minute inc vat. When connected by BT on Orange”

Written on: 16/11/2011 by joeok (3 reviews written)

My son used his Orange mobile to contact his local Police Station (I pay the bill)He obtained the number from 118500, he was not informed there would be an additional charge for being connected.

As a result over £26 for a 13 minute local call.

Cat326 writes a review from the point of view of a BT operator and asks "everybody please read" I suggest that everybody does read along with her employer to see the attitude of these people.

She suggests that having a "degree" means she will always read her script, warning customers of the astronomic charges. My son is studying for a Masters degree, therfore he must be absolutely sure he wasn't read the script!

No qualification can eradicate human error, they may well read the warning most of the time but the fact that Cat326 states "you will get fired" for not reading the warning suggests infact that sometimes calls are connected without a warning.

Warning or no warning how can BT quantify such a high charge for connecting a local call.

I have complained in writing, my complaint has been answered and I am waiting for my refund. I suggest that everyone else does the same

/var/www/vhosts/phoenix/current/system/lib