Great Provider - No problems at all

harrykasaki's review of SmallWorld

“Great Provider - No problems at all”

Written on: 29/05/2013 by harrykasaki (1 review written)

I switched to this company from BT as Smallworld were offering to install fiber optics whilst BT were not. BT listed my area as if I could receive their BT Infinity package. When I tried to order this package I was greeted with an error page. I called BT's customer support and they then told me I could not receive their Infinity Package. I then called Smallworld inquiring if I could receive their services. They were very polite and helpful on the phone, encountering no problems at all along the way. 2 days after that call, I was receiving speeds of 60mbps, which is a huge increase from what I was getting with BT (~3mbps).

Not entirely sure why some people are reviewing this company in a negative light, perhaps they have little or no knowledge of ISPs and how they work. Perhaps even their equipment is faulty, or using wireless networking which will reduce speeds drastically.

Been with SmallWorld Cable for 1 year, using their 60mbps down and 6mbps up. They have recently upped their speeds to 80mbps down and 8mbps up. I only discovered this when casually browsing their website and was confused as to why they didn't inform me of this new package, but that's alright.

Had no problems with their service at all. Another reviewer stated that their 'data packets are cached on their server'. Not really sure what they're trying to say here, but speeds are 100% when using their speedtest.net server. This is obvious and expected; not really something to complain or even make a comment about, but sure, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Anyone with half a brain could figure out that you're going to get better speeds using a server provided by your ISP. Nevertheless, I pinged another server in my area and got very little loss on speed, which is expected. I hate reading reviews that people have left which are INCORRECT because they are UNEDUCATED in the industry, so I decided to leave a review here trying to correct those misconceptions.

Overall, I've had a very good experience with this company. I've never had to deal with their customer service since I began using this ISP, which is the way it should be.

• Over 1 Year