No telephone for 10 days

Connie60's review of Sky+

“No telephone for 10 days”

Written on: 31/12/2012 by Connie60 (1 review written)

We are new customers taking the TV, broadband and telephone package. TV went well, broadband Ok. Telephone to be connected Christmas Eve, this did not happen, long telephone calls via mobile to customer services, could not believe our phone is being answered by someone overseas, but our line is dead. Next engineers available on 3 rd January, so we are 10 days without phone. Totally unacceptable but despite our pleas Sky could not send an engineer out any earlier. We have no confidence now in Sky, is this how they treat customers?

Susen067's Response to Connie60's Review

Written on: 02/01/2013

Yes it is the way they treat customers. I am also a new customer and have had nothing but trouble:

I decided to go with Sky for my telephone, TV and broadband after being with Virgin for 10 years. Virgin's service was getting poor and apparently will get worse due to them not replacing their cables. Since 18th December, which is when they fitted the TV and 3 days later the broadband and telephone line it has been constant stress and hassle. The first day i was left with no phone service for 24 hours, when I realised the engineer had damaged existing wiring in my house. Sky's customer services response was firstly to hang up on me because the girl could not be bothered. The second time I rang back the man said it was a 'BT' issue and I had to ring them! I explained that my account was with Sky and not BT. I had to go to the expense of buying new wiring and pulling out all my furniture to refit this new wiring and socket. In the meantime I was having broadband issues (the phone was down so the broadband would not work either) I was also having on demand problems and everything else. The phone started working and then something else was wrong. I thought maybe the new wiring was wrong as I am not a technician just a mere female - and 2 days before Christmas my house looked like it had been burgled! Furniture and wires all over the place and I had no idea what was wired up correctly or incorrectly any more. Numerous calls to SKy at my expense from my pay as you go mobile which cost me a fortune, and they just kept saying it was not 'their' problem - who's problem is it then?? Everything worked fine until they came into my property. My phone worked for a couple of days but there were still issues with on demand not working. The phone has been down completely now since Monday, no incoming our outgoing calls, and intermittent broadband. The TV had the blue screen of death 2 days ago also - are they bothered? NO they are not! An engineer came round the other day to 'check' things and then left. The day after there was a crackling on the phone which was very loud and now the phone is dead again! I reported it to be told it will take at least 48 hours to repair. I asked for compensation or I will cancel the direct debit - they responded by saying I would be in breach of contract! They are NOT interested on the phone, on their website 'chat' help, when I email then or by writing them am letter. I am now committed to warming people to NOT go with sky because you will regret it. Look at the other negative reviews on here.