Aggressive tactics from SKY

Guest's review of Sky+

“Aggressive tactics from SKY”

Written on: 01/11/2012

I've been with sky for just over a year and had no issues with the product itself. However, I decided to change to a different provider to save a significant amount of money. (I would lose SKY channels, but keep all the other channels I watch and recording facilities etc with TalkTalk). Upon calling to cancel my contract, the man tried to sway from my decision to leave for nearly 15 minutes before I hung up; without having ended my contract I may add. He was extremely pushy and I didn't like having to justify myself and my choices to him. I was quite upset by the end of the call. I then called back and spoke to a diffenet member of staff and told him briefly my experience and to not even attempt to give me any sales talk and to just terminate my contract immediately. As said, the first man was so pushy that I was actually upset. In total, I spent 25 minutes on the phone to SKY from my mobile. It could easily have taken less than five minutes. I dread to think how much that will have cost me, but given my dealings with them today, I have no intention of staying with this company.

• Over 1 Year