Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Go with Virgin.

JoRudge's review of Sky+

“Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Go with Virgin.”

Written on: 03/05/2012 by JoRudge (1 review written)

I have found myself in a position where I have had to email the CEO.
Here is the email I sent explaining what has happened to me-

Good Morning Jeremy,

I am severely dissapointed with the service I have received from Sky.
If you read the correspondence below you will see why.

It seems that the staff are not willing enough to investigate my situation fully and it is really stressing me out, so much so that I would be happy to take this to Ofcom and get the account with Sky cancelled fully. I do not want to have to go through this any more.

I first took out Sky when I was living on my own in December 2010. I moved to my parents in May 2011 and moved my Sky services over. It took around 7 phone calls and 6 months for my broadband to get set up because of your 'system problems'.
I was told each time that there is an error on the system which isn't allowing the direct debit to get set up and until this is resolved it is impossible to get the broadband up and running.
I thought that this was poor service in itself, so I rightfully called and complained. I was told by the agent I spoke to that I would get the broadband half price for the first month (or something like that) as a gesture of goodwill.
In February 2011, I decided that I wanted to cancel the Sky TV and keep the boradband and phone service running because I wasn't utilising the Sky TV enough and needed to reduce my monthly bill for financial reasons. I was told that I would have to pay early termination charges because when I was given the month half price I was enrolled into a new 12 month contract! I was not advised this was going to the the case at any point.
Again I complained, and was advised that this information was sent to me by email which failed. Why was I not told this on the phone when I was supposedly given the month half price as a 'gesture of goodwill'? And why should I be enrolled into a new contract just for being compensated for the poor service you have given me? It's all wrong.
You will see in the 2nd email down in the correspondence below that because the email failed and I was not informed I would be enrolled into a new 12 month contract, as a 'gesture of goodwill', my Sky TV was to be cancelled as of the 21st March. My broadband and phone were to be kept running so you hadn't completely lost me as a customer at that point.
I have not been able to pay my bills for my broadband and phone because the early termination charges are still showing on my account. I refuse to pay these because I was advised that these wouldn't be charged since I wasn't ever informed I'd be enrolled into a new 12 month contract.
I called in yesterday because my broadband and phone have now been cut off. I wanted to pay the outstanding amount for these and get them back up and running. However I am again being told by your staff that I owe for early termination charges.
I can prove in the email correpsondence below that this should have been resolved.
Clearly the last person to respond to me hadn't bothered to read the earlier correspondence.

Please resolve this as a matter of urgency. Unless I receive satisfactory service, I will forward all correspondence to Ofcom and have all of my Sky services cancelled.

Regards,