A perfect blend of a beginners & intermediate camera.

xvxfrozenxvx's review of Nikon D5100

Nikon D5100

“A perfect blend of a beginners and intermediate camera. ”

Written on: 05/06/2013 by xvxfrozenxvx (2 reviews written)

I have always been interested in photography and with the evolution of the iPhones camera I started getting good results.

This mean I would go out an get a proper camera a DSLR

Like many people who are starting up the question is what should I get that is easy enough to use but also got enough options for when I get more advanced?

I ended settling for the D5100 and I must admit it blows my mind at what it can do. Unfortunately it's better as a intermediate camera than a beginners. It does not really give you any tips on the settings and what affect this will have on your picture.
Using DSLRs is not easy so you will have to put the time in to get the results and this quickly becomes apparent.
The kit lens 18-55mm is great for everyday shooting but a little limited on the range so I would go for the 18-105 if possible.

Build quality is great and I have no reason to complain on this department.
Batterie live is good unless you start using the Live View, if you are going to be out all day and take lots of pictures then getting a second batterie would be advised.

There are lots or nikon and 3 rd party lens out there to choose from and if you have the time money and patience then please do buy this lovely camera as it is great.