Worst Printer ever!!!! Beware.

• Quality

review_California's review of Canon PIXMA MG5200

Canon PIXMA MG5200

“Worst Printer ever!!!! Beware.”

Written on: 10/07/2013 by review_California (1 review written)

Canon MG5200 series printer. This printer prints accurately, it looks nice, it has a nice display, and you can even print and scan wirelessly. By now it must seem like a great printer. BEWARE!!! This printer goes through ink like no other printer on this earth. I've had it for about 3 years now and I rarely print anything. Maybe once a month I print 5-10 pages, maybe. This thing runs out of ink probably 4 times per year. And just now I try to scan something and it WILL NOT allow me to scan until I replace the 1 ink cartridge that is out of ink out of the 5 ink cartridges it has. When I mean it will not, it will not, I'm a software engineer and I know my way around technology. The manufacturer had to have designed it so you have to buy ink if you want to scan. Between college and grad school I used a cheep HP printer for 8 years and I had to replace ink about once every year or two years and that was at a time of my life when I had a lot of stuff to print, and it allowed me the scanning function regardless of how much ink I had. This was supposed to be an upgrade but it sucks and is totally about making you buy ink and frustrating my life. Worst printer ever made period.

• Quality