Overall good

• Quality

WilliamMouritsen's review of Canon PIXMA MG5200

Canon PIXMA MG5200

“Overall good”

Written on: 06/04/2013 by WilliamMouritsen (6 reviews written)

I got the Canon PIXMA because I needed both a new printer and a scanner for school. The printer takes a few seconds to warm up when you begin using it and shakes my desk as it warms up and prints. It's a fairly quick printer, so the few seconds of desk-quake are bearable. Lines print crisply and the color comes out almost exactly as it should every time. I did my senior year of high school online and had to print out tests every week to mail in, but only had to replace my ink cartridges once or twice.

The scanner is quick as well, and has a nice high resolution. My only complaint about it is that the color is never right. Photographs and drawings tend to scan in strange colors, but an image editing software can fix it. Pencil drawings scan in with the paper slightly orange and I usually have to edit the contrast levels.

All in all it's been a reliable printer and scanner the past year or so. It could be more quiet and have better colors in scanning, but it prints more quickly than the scanners I've had in the past. It's a nice little printer for the price.

• Quality