Great for travelling & bloggers

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

reviewkitten's review of Sony QX10 Lens Style Camera

Sony QX10 Lens Style Camera

“Great for travelling and bloggers”

Written on: 26/03/2014 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

I recently went on a two week holiday and saw the Sony QX10 lens camera online. At the time it was about £60 cheaper at the airport and I don't own a separate camera any more so it looked to be a good option until I decide what I want to do about getting a SLR.

The camera lens is easy to attach to your smartphone, in my case it's a Galaxy S4 and I didn't have to worry about my case (which folds back over the phone's camera lens). To take photos you then have to load up an app, Sony's Play Memories Mobile. This can take a little time so I ended up using the lens more for static shots and not those that were fast moving although once it was loaded up I could do what I wanted.

The photos look really good and I like the fact I can use the lens as a separate point and click and have no idea of what the photo will look like. The video function was also great and I have some lovely movies taken from my holiday.

It's not cheap but really ups your mobile phone to being a proper compact camera. You can also attach it to a tripod and use your phone as a remote. When I took some groups shots this way it was brilliant so I think it would really suit bloggers who don't have someone to take their photos for them.

I really like the lens and love that I can detach it and not have to worry about carrying around a huge separate camera all the time.

• 1 - 4 Weeks