It works!

SimIllger's review of www.weightlossresources.co.uk - www.weightlossresources.co.uk

“It works!”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by SimIllger (1 review written)

As a yo yo dieter of almost thirty years, I decided the year that I was going to be 50 that now was the time to take control of my expanding waistline and growing weight.

Joining WLR was my final attempt at getting things under control. I had even contemplated a gastric by-pass operation, but realised I didn't want to give up being able to eat certain things.

As someone with a physical disability that impacts hugely on my mobility and ability to exercise, I started off logging the food I ate and keeping track of the calories consumed. I soon began to realise just why my weight had crept up and up! Although much of the food I ate was fairly healthy and I enjoy cooking a lot from scratch, the QUANTITY I had been eating was just far too great for my short height (4ft 9 inches).

It didn't take long for the first stone to disappear (almost as if by magic!). At a year in I had lost two stone (still logging and keeping track of calories). I then started to do a small amount of exercise (swimming) and soon was exercising most days, amazed at how much better it made me feel.

Support from the website includes the discussion forums, a recipe database, the facility to add ones own recipes, a food log, a massive food database from which to ascertain calories, interesting articles on everything to do with weight loss and exercise, the ability to log and view progress AND a wonderful Help Team who are there whenever you need them, giving huge encouragement.

I cannot rate this site highly enough. It has changed my life and given me a much happier future!