Greedy Con Merchants

charliechalkcharlie's review of Weight Watchers www.weightwatchers.co.uk

“Greedy Con Merchants”

Written on: 13/11/2012 by charliechalkcharlie (1 review written)

In April 2012 I purchased a 'Three month online pass'. I checked my credit card statement and they have been charging me £10.95 for the last five months! They are charging me for something that I didn't ask for, without my authorisation. When I telephoned to talk to them they were rude and sarcastic. They have no idea about customer care or service. They said that I needed to contact them when I wanted to cancel my subscription. But I didn't subscribe, I purchased a three month pass. This is totally misleading and apparently it is displayed that they will carry on charging until you cancel. If I'd of known that then I wouldn't be in this situation and so the terms and conditions are not that clear!!! I have searched the reviews on the Internet and know that I am not the only person in this situation. I told them that I would report their online scam to Watchdog and their response was "go on then, you do that." Their treatment of me today was disgusting. They only care about money, not their customers. They are a massive organisation and for them to refund my £55.00 would be nothing but they refuse. I will be fighting this and taking it further. They offered me a one month refund! This is not good enough. I have, for the past 5 months paid for a service I didn't ask for and didn't even know I had! I hadn't used the product so why can they not give me back what is mine? They then said to me on the phone that of they thought I was in the right they would refund me! They were rude and sarcastic and I am not happy.

Beware the con! They keep hold of your card details, charge without you knowing, refuse to engage in conversation, have no understanding for their customers point of view. A farce of a company, I just feel so sad that I put my trust in them. I feel totally violated by this corporation.

If there is anyone else who has had the same treatment then post it! We could get together and push out complaint forward together.

Visit weightwatchers.co.uk