Three years on & the weight's still off - thanks Tesco Diets

Sue_O's review of Tesco Diet www.TescoDiets.co.uk

“Three years on & the weight's still off - thanks Tesco...”

Written on: 10/10/2013 by Sue_O (2 reviews written)

I started Tesco Diets in 2009 and lost three and a half stone in a year, which I have kept off by using the same approach to eating and cooking that I learnt while losing weight - I just eat more! This isn't just a diet plan, it revolutionises your life by helping you to examine your eating habits and lifestyle and changing them for a healthier way of life and eating. I have completely reviewed my attitudes to eating and really looked into my eating patterns. This has helped me to identify the times when I have eaten for reasons other than hunger.

Tesco Diets offers a good variety of types of eating plan to suit all lifestyles and food preferences. I followed the GI plan, which really helped me to change my eating habits for the better, as it smoothed out the peaks and troughs in my blood sugar levels. Having more stable blood sugar levels meant that I didn't crave sugary foods and also didn't experience severe hunger. I learned to plan my meals and snacks so that I could perform at my best, rather than having to grab a snack on the run.

The diet tools enable you to choose whether you want a menu plan based on recipes, convenience foods, or a mix of the two. It also lets you choose to have your plan based on premium supermarket foods or cheaper own brand alternatives, likewise you can base it around products from your favourite supermarket. Once you have generated a meal plan for the week you can also view and download a shopping list, which makes it all so very easy to stick to the plan. If you select Tesco as your main supermarket you can even generate a shopping list to buy the ingredients online. If you are trying to fit in cooking for a family as well as yourself, there are menu options that enable you to cook them the same meal with some suggested extras. This really worked well for my family and we have enjoyed the recipes. You can always swap a meal if you don't like the sound of it, or if you have to eat out. This flexibility makes it a really sustainable diet plan.

Tesco Diets also has a maintenance plan that has guided me through the stage of recognising what normal portions of foods should be. I continued as a member after achieving my weight loss goal as I still find it useful to use the meal plans - some of the recipes are now firm family favourites!