Easy to use, never boring & very effective

cats22's review of Tesco Diet www.TescoDiets.co.uk

“Easy to use, never boring and very effective”

Written on: 19/08/2012 by cats22 (1 review written)

I was looking for a weight loss programme that would fit with my being type 2 diabetic and I am so glad I found this - it was recommended to me by my diabetic nurse. I have lost just over two stone, at a steady two lbs a week.

Things I like:

It's very flexible - you can choose different plans such as healthy eating or Mediterranean, vegetarian and others
You can also choose recipe based meals - I went for this as I prefer to cook from scratch but ready made meals or ingredients are catered for and came in very useful for me a few times

You can search on an ingredient if you like and find a meal that contains it and edit it if you need to - you have a running total of vital dietary ingredients to make sure it's balanced.

I was worried I would be hungry and resort to snacking but I learned when I needed to take a healthy snack to ward that off so I could get through to meal time.

One big plus point for me was that the evening meals were very quick to prepare - I have a two hour commute and the last thing I need when I get home is to have to wait longer than 15-20 minutes for my evening meal but I never had to.

There is plenty of variety but if, like me, you are a creature of habit, you can easily save favourites and select them, including meals you have devised for yourself (the plan will work out the dietary values for you).

The discipline of having to track each meal and record weight and measurements worked for me. I only contacted the support line once when I decided I wanted to lose a few more lbs when I had reached my original target weight and they were very helpful and efficient.

The one minor quibble for me was that I found it hard to record meals taken out - I had to find something close to it and guess. That wasn't a major problem as there were very few occasions when it mattered.

I will be staying on a little longer to make sure I know what I can eat without putting on weight again.

I would recommend this highly.