Making Money or giving support?

HarmonyMeredith's review of LighterLife - www.lighterlife.co.uk

“Making Money or giving support?”

Written on: 18/08/2014 by HarmonyMeredith (1 review written)

I've just lost considerable weight with LighterLife and if you follow the diet it does work but at a high cost - around £60 per week plus a fee of £60 every month for the meetings and support. I felt the whole time that I was there to make money for the leader and LighterLife and that they only really wanted people who believed in the diet. I raised queries once or twice and just got treated like I was simple whereas in fact I felt they didn't want to hear from anyone who wasn't a believer. I went on holiday and was asked to pay the £60 which became due while I was away before I went.... I bought bars that I didn't eat then asked if I could not buy bars for a couple of weeks on my return. I got a scandalised email back saying no, that I had promised not to eat. Where is the support in that? Making money is by far the most important thing and I feel had. I'm off to a Cambridge Diet meeting this evening - I'm assured it's much more supportive so fingers crossed

Rosieelllis's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2014

I have lost 2 stone with L L so am feeling quite pleased with myself at the moment. It is a diet I believe in. I only went to two group meetings where i was paying about £74 per week. However, I decided to try working out how this could be the weekly cost because it made no sense to me. I quickly realised that I was paying £15 pw over the odds for my food! It was only then did i realise that I was paying a weekly fee for the group session. Now, I wouldn't have minded quite so much if i had actually been told of this charge but it was never mentioned!!! A hidden charge is not ethical.
In these first 2 weeks I had a good weight loss so obviously wanted to continue but I did not want to attend group....I am a professional in health and social care and psychological sciences. The topics discussed at group I did not feel I needed...I just wanted the foodpacks.
Whist Googling diets I quickly became aware that I could purchase LL at Superdrug. Ok, the selection and choices were not so great but I kept telling myself...its only for another 4 weeks or so. I am now 2 stone lighter but would ideally like to lose another stone. I have not needed the 'support' of a group but i can understand that others may need this. I just need to continue for about 4 weeks more and I will be at my goal. I will do this on my own and be making my purchases at Superdrug. Maybe LL will one day consider allowing Superdrug to stock more of their products PLEASE!!!!!

Jilly1964's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2014

It's cheaper to buy it online, iam thinking of starting it but with being on the menopause not sure if it will be ok,