Total scam

Guest's review of LighterLife - www.lighterlife.co.uk

“Total scam”

Written on: 26/10/2012

I did Lighter Life a few years ago and lost 3½ stone. This was more due to being with a great group who all encouraged each other. The councellor was also doing the diet while instructing us, but cheated just about every week - and told us! Since then I put all the weight back on.

I've just started the diet again. Paid the new £60 per month 'admin fee' as well as around £120 on two weeks' food packs. I was enrolled without presenting a medical form, but then told two weeks in that I couldn't contiunue without getting this form signed. It took thee weeks to get an appointment at the doctor to get the form signed by which time I was back on normal food. LL then told me that the 2 weeks of the £60 admin charge couldn't be rolled over so I'd have to pay it again when I re-enrolled.

This diet is a scam. They just want the money off you as quickly as possible. The material they preach at you is patronising and guilt-enducing. It's clever, but it's purely aimed at money making. The woman who runs ours is the size of a house and constantly ill.

Bimsey01's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2012

£60 per month admin fee - Why - I dont pay an admin fee, I only pay for my packs!

Imnotreallythisfat's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2012

I have never paid an admin fee, even when restarting after a break. You've been conned!

I've been on and off this diet several years. Trouble is, I know it works if I stick to it. So that tells me I can cheat today - and diet tomorrow. Maybe. I'm resistant to the psychology.

After a recent break, I find they've again changed one of my favourite L-L foods. Cranberry/raspberry bars now have a horrible salty and synthetic taste. Over the years lots of favourites have been stopped.

I'm told L-L change/stop the recipe of packs/bars for nutritional reasons. In which case, have I not been getting correct nutrition while on the old recipes? Or are there other reasons - cost cutting?