Im thinking of going back

ladybirdhouse's review of LighterLife - www.lighterlife.co.uk

“Im thinking of going back”

Written on: 27/07/2012 by ladybirdhouse (1 review written)

i lost nearly 9stone on ll a few years back,
but 3stone has started creeping back on. Does anyone know the new prices as im aware its no longer £66

Shawaii's Response to ladybirdhouse's Review

Written on: 08/08/2012

I have just gone back with the belief that as I had done the whole program back in 2007, briefly returned in 2010, I woul dnot have to pay anymore for group sessions. WRONG. The website states collect your packs and free monthly counselling in the refresher section. I was not amused that I had to pay for group sessions I would not use. I was either going to pay for the sessions or the foodpacks were dearer?? Sessions £15 a week. Foodpacks vary from £1.80 for bars I think upward depending on what you have. This allegedly gives you choice on what you spend!! So you can choose to live on the £1.80 stuff (bars if I recall) or spend more. So either way the person got her money each week.
I have since been in communication with HQ about the misleading advertising and they have now put the onus back on the counsellor stating she can charge what she wants as they have three price brackets.
I lost 6 stone first time round. I know why I put half back on and don't need someone going over it all again. I think it's a disgrace that you are held to ransom and mislead in this way.
So at the moment I don't know if I will stay or go once the month is up. Personally I think any counsellor worth their weight (scuse pun) should attract more business by using their discression. If I don't need personal group meets, but doing the diet again will promote the place then doesn't need a rocket scientist to work out you gain in the long run.
To con peole and that is exactly what they are doing, by saying you pay for session stay or go (This just for return people) or you pay more for food packs which is the same money as staying is and must be a rip off. I am going to take it further and I hope they get their knuckle firmly wrapped.

Becxcouch's Response to ladybirdhouse's Review

Written on: 21/08/2012

I did LL 4 yrs ago and lost 5 and 1/2 stone. I've kept most of it off but want to lose about 18lbs and have discovered an identical diet online called Exante. It is a third of the cost, you can buy the packs online and you don't have to go to classes. The packs taste fine (although the bars are a bit yuk) and you only have 3 packs a day instead of 4, although they are bigger and fill you up more.

I would recommend it if you are considering going back on this kind of diet!