Told I was too fat to go on the lighter life lite programme

Guest's review of LighterLife - www.lighterlife.co.uk

“Told I was too fat to go on the lighter life lite...”

Written on: 20/03/2012

I had a baby 1 year ago through IVF which included me being on steriods for 4 months. 1 year on and I haven't lost the weight I would like & as I'm keen to do another round of IVF i want to lose around 2 stone over the next 3 months. I didn't want to do the full on LL programe as I had read some negative reviews and want to be as healthy as possible going into IVF. I also have to entertain clients at lunch time and knew that total abstinence of food couldn't work (my issue is evening meal portion size really anyhow).
I plucked up the courage to go for a consultation. Wasn't really greeted well by the woman there who just plonked on a video. She then asked me to pop on the scales and told me that I had to go on the full programme. I said that I didn't want to do that & that my doctor would not agree to it anyhow. I was 4lbs over their cut-off which is a BMI of 30. She said that I could not do the lite programme for 'health' reasons. Basically I'm too fat to do the diet that potentially works for me. I am absolutely livid. I could understand it the other way around - say if I was only 7lbs overweight and wanted to do the full on programme but this is not the case and I have good reasons for not doing the full programme. The negative feelings I have as a result of being told I'm too fat to do their diet is emmense. I was told to go off and lose the weight and then come back... hinted to cut down on carbs and alcohol. Um... If it was that easy for me I wouldn't have been at the LL office.
1 week later I have lost the 4lbs but I will never re-enter their offices and think that they are rude and unhelpful!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2012

That is awful. Noone should be made to feel that way!! I don't blame you for never going back. One thing i thought of though......why does Pauline Quirk advertise Lighter life lite....there is no way she would of had a BMI of 30 is there. Good luck with the weight loss and all the luck in the world with conceiving again xx

Talonqueen's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2012

Pauline Quirke was sponsored by LL and they paid for all her food packs. She must be really careful now to keep the weight off or she will be right back where she started.