I am doing it & it works....

Guest's review of LighterLife - www.lighterlife.co.uk

“I am doing it and it works....”

Written on: 12/03/2012

I started lighter life 5 months ago today and have lost 4 stone. It is hard work to start with, but I can honestly say that I am not hungry and I am feeling extremely well. My doctor recommended this diet after years of struggling with my weight. I regularly get checked out by my doctor and I have had no problems i.e no hair loss, no illness (actually not had a sniffle since starting). The only problem I have had is bad breath - which is controllable. The weekly counselling sessions make you consider your relationship with food and you have to be so honest with yourself. There is no way this diet can make you put on weight quicker when you finish, but if you go back to eating your old way or not reducing your calorie intake for the size of your new body then you will have problems. For example when I was 4 stone heavier I had to eat over 500 more calories a day to maintain my energy level than I do now being lighter - something everyone needs to consider. I am hoping to finish in a few weeks time after reaching my goal and then it is all about making choices, knowing portion sizes and how much food I actually need to fuel my body rather than how much food I would like to eat because it all tastes nice. I would strongly recommend anyone to give it a go, I have friends that have done it and maintained the weight loss (obviously putting on up to 7lb when finishing just to water retention etc). In terms of cost it is expensive (£78 a week), but if you are someone that buys lunch, couple of coffees from Costa and an evening meal you will be quids in. Give it a go you have nothing to lose apart from weight and you really learn alot about yourself.

Ecres14's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2012

your absolutely right. I did the diet, but put on the weight back and more, BUT i can honestly say I did not change my eating habits. That was the problem. I am doing the diet again but not restrictive as before and am trying different foods to lose and maintain my new weight to come.