Do not do this diet!

Guest's review of LighterLife - www.lighterlife.co.uk

“Do not do this diet!”

Written on: 03/03/2012

I lost 6 stone on this diet in 6 months! Wow that's impressive isn't it ? Well let me tell you that I have now gained all of the weight plus another stone. I am waiting to have my gall bladder removed as a direct result of this diet ( they do not tell you about this when you join). Also on completion of the diet I lost a lot of hair which has never grown back. My counsellor was ever so interested in me when I was paying the full amount each week but when when I reached goal and my weekly fees dropped she suddenly lost interest and I was passed from pillar to post from one random counsellor to another. Most disgracefully over the Christmas period when you need most support the counsellor took a two week break and forgot to order enough food packs and left us short and starving! Don't think you can toggle between groups like you do with other weight loss groups because you cannot. Having become dissatisfied with my counsellor I asked to join another local group and they closed ranks on me as they cannot cope with people who expect continued support they just want the money. My counsellor gained 3 stone in weight over the course of my weight loss - what does that tell you about the programme?

I sound like a bitter woman who is cross that this did not work. I am cross that I was conned that I was not supported for life. I am now doing slimming world and enjoying a good healthy weight loss.

I would not recommend joining any Lighter Life group and in particular the Liverpool based group.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 19/04/2012

They cannot cope with someone who wants support?! This sort of drama-queen statement is what makes your review less than trustworthy. Yes, you do seem like a woman who is blaming others for her unhappiness, unfortunately.

It seems that for those who went back to a dreadful diet and unsurprisingly put on their weight again are the ones who say LL is rubbish...and id be interested in your medically verified evidence that LL caused your gall stone..