Big Mistake

Guest's review of LighterLife - www.lighterlife.co.uk

“Big Mistake”

Written on: 12/02/2012

5 years ago I had an injury which resulted in me giving up a very active life and job. Weight piled on and I went from 9st to over 13stones in 4 years, I am only 5ft 1" so as you can imagine I was fat and my BMI showed that I was dangerously obese.
Last year I decided to try LL to get back to my normal weight in time for my husband coming home from a 6 month secondment in Asia.
It started well in spite of the fact that I didnt like the Weight Management Counsellor or the meals! I persevered and lost a stone in 3 weeks. The first week was VERY difficult but it definitely got easier.
After 6 weeks I began feeling ill, sleeping badly, aching joints, dizzy spells, headaches, split nails and every morning when I woke, my pillow was covered with hair, it also filled my hairbrush.
My skin looked awful, my breath was disgusting and I was constantly thirsty and constipated...... but I kept on losing weight.
My husband arrived home after I had been on the diet for 8 weeks and had lost just over 2 stones.
He went mad! He thought I was seriously ill and wanted to know what happened to his rosy cheeked, happy wife with thick shiny hair, smooth soft skin and a permanent smile.
He made me stop the diet immediately and I went to the doctor for some tests. He too told me NOT to continue on the diet. I spent a month getting back to health and although I put 12 lbs back on I felt so much better.
Evenetuallky I joined a local slimming club and found that slow but sure is the best way.
I am now just 4lbs heavier than I was 5 years ago and feeling fit happy and healthy.
Low calorie diet for a week to give u a kick start is a good idea butr any longer thsan that and the problems well outweigh the advantages of losing weight.