Lighterlife - dont do it!

Guest's review of LighterLife - www.lighterlife.co.uk

“Lighterlife - dont do it!”

Written on: 10/09/2011

I have to post this anonymously as I used to be a LL Counsellor. Dont do it! I did the diet myself and lost 3.5 stone. I put it all back on and then some! It IS doable in the weight loss phase, and the idea of the counselling is logically sound - but it just doesnt work! I had only a handful of clients who kept the weight off and they didnt have issues to start with.
My body is now so messed up its untrue. I had to have surgery to remove my gallbladder - there is a fair chance that this was caused by rapid weight loss - although it cant be proved, it is listed as a possible cause for the formation of gallstones.
Seriously, take a look at the size of some of the counsellors! If it doesnt work for us, how the heck is it gonna work for you.
The counsellors make pennies out of it - LL themselves make most of the money - I came out of the deal in debt. Counsellors have their premises inspected to ensure that they are not working from home etc - so if you are considering this as a business I would suggest you steer clear. Again, the lifespan of this as a personal business is very poor - I knew many counsellors who went bankrupt due to this. LL now suggest that people set up as LTD companies - that means they dont lose their houses when the business goes bust.
Of you must do a VLCD then why not check out the Cambridge Diet or any of the others out there - I wouldnt suggest you do one personally, but if you are going to then dont get sucked in to the LL version. You are made to feel a failure if you dont lose the weight and go through some quite intensive counselling sessions during the process. If the counsellor is doing their job properly then you will be challenged to examine why you overeat - this can be a difficult process to go through when you are in a group of 8-12 people. Do you want to air your dirty laundry in a room with 12 other people? How do you feel about crying in public? How do you feel about people knowing your "secrets".
Do yourself a favour - dont touch it with a bargepole!

Written on: 16/09/2011

Its everybodies individual choice and what works for some may not work for others. So basically if it is not your cup of tea then that does not mean its not for everybody. Personally I feel it is the easiest and the most doable eating plan I have done so far. If you go back to the way you were eating before your weight loss of course you are going to regain the weight thats not rocket science. As for being sucked in - all diets out there today are doing their level best to compete with each other - Its the individuals choice which way they want to go. I can personally recommend it to anybody who has weight to lose. I have never felt this good in a long time and it is all down to doing lighter life

Written on: 27/01/2012

to the guest who has lost 9 stone...congrats but goodluck keeping it off. Im am an ex LL follower and lost 4 stone myself (thats what happens when you only have 500 calories a day and milkshakes....when back on solids it all goes back on and your body stores it cos you starved it for so long. Now I am following a sensible diet plan eating solids and the weight is coming off. I have never felt so sick when i was on lighter life. You are losing weight and it gives you a boost but take off the sunglasses and hopefully you will see it for what it is...just another farce.

Written on: 26/09/2011

Oh dear. An ex-LL counsellor with a huge chip on their shoulder! So you say it works - as you say you lose the weight. But then you say it doesnt work - as only a few keep it off. So just like any other diet then if you go back to your old habits! Then you criticise rapid weight loss - but go on to suggest doing the Cambridge Diet instead! How stupid do you think people are? I hope you are doing very well as a Cambridge Diet counsellor now. Your review is so full of contradictions and utterly rubbish. And you want people not to do it cos the counsellors don't make enough money out of it - i.e. YOU failed to make enough money out of it as clearly you deserve to have done given your attitude. Your review is an embarrasing joke.
[I have no affiliation to LL, have lost 9 stone on LL and maintained for some time]