WARNING SCAM

Guest's review of Slimtone Plus www.slimtoneplus.com

Slimtone Plus www.slimtoneplus.com

“WARNING SCAM”

Written on: 30/10/2012

You are told you will get a free trial and only pay for postage. This happens and all seems well. What they don not make clear and what is illegible in their small print is that if you do not send the product back within 14 days they will take £75 out of your account for slimtone plus and £37 for the body cleanse. They now have your bank details and can continue debiting your account every month. I went to my bank who were helpful and put me in touch with debit card disputes 0845 300 6699 (you may be covered if you used a credit card) they are well aware of this and helped me to reclaim my money. But if you are not aware and don't register this within the 14 days you may lose your money. I have also cancelled my card. the cheap trick of asking you to donate to a charity when paying is disgusting as is this dirty company. Stay clear.

Shirleylam's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2012

Hi i have just been to my bank and cancelled my debit card and rang from te bank te debit card helpline, tey have refunded my money and are trying to stop any further payments to these two companies. i have not as yet contacted te companies myself. did you ? regards shirley

Written on: 05/11/2012

Hi! I was a victim myself too. Can I ask you how and what u did?
I rang my bank and they are saying that they can't stop any payments to these two companies. I am very desperate now as I really have no ideas what to do!!!! I just found out they charged me the delivery charges of 7 pound!!!! P/s: I cancelled my debit card immediately on the day I ordered (yesterday, Sunday) and they still able to charge me. What should I do???? I did not receive any e-mail from them regarding my order and rang the company. They said it might been shipped out coz i ordered them on Sunday when I said I wanted to cancel. Did cancel it through phone though I still need to send them back the products but I didn't get the products yet. Please tell me what to do!!!!

Taylor37's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2012

Hi

I have also ordered the product and fortunately came across a review on you tube that described the 'scam' so will be cancelling as soon as I can.

You are within your rights to cancel card payments with your bank, inform them that you have cancelled your subscription however it has been brought to your attention that the company still take money from peoples accounts - you need to ensure you say to the bank "I do not authorise payments to this company"

Please see below taken from the FSA (financial service authority) website, I have had to go through this with the bank for another continuous, card payment and they do try to insist that they can not cancel the card payments, again, just make sure you tell them you do not give permission for them to pay this company, I would also follow it up with a letter to the bank (take name, time and date of the person you spoke to) ... it may be a lot of hassle but worth it :-)

Cancelling a regular card payment

When you give your credit or debit card details to a company and authorise them to take regular payments from your account, such as for a gym membership or magazine subscription, it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’ or ‘continuous payment authority’.
These are often confused with direct debits, but do not offer the same guarantee if the amount or date of the payment changes.
In most cases, regular payments can be cancelled by telling the company taking the payments. However, you have the right to cancel them directly with your bank or card issuer by telling it that you have stopped permission for the payments. Your bank or card issuer must then stop them – it has no right to insist that you agree this first with the company taking the payments.
Be aware though that you will still be responsible for paying any money that you owe.

Written on: 05/11/2012

I have actually purchased two free trial products (Slimtone Plus and Body Cleanse Plus) which was advertised online on Sunday, 4/11/2012. The websites stated that they were actually free of charge and we will only required to pay for the delivery charges. I was tempted and gave my debit card details to them for the shipment. I realize immediately after that this was actually a scam and call my bank immediately to cancel my debit card. They cancel my debit card and I thought it will be fine since they will not get anymore payment from my account and will cancel my order once they notice they can't get the payment. I tried to send them e-mail through online to cancel them. I did not receive any confirmation email or information upon my order. I rang them up immediately on today (5/11/2012) and asked them to check if the shipment has been done so that they might able to cancel it if they weren't. The operator was not informative and said that she can't really check it. She also said that i have place my order yesterday so it's possible for the delivery to take place early morning or today. She said I can cancel it by returning to them within 21 days. I have not receive their products yet and afraid they might delayed the delivery. I saw many reviews and comments of the previous victims and was super worried about it right now. I rang my bank again today. Unfortunately the guy from the bank was not helpful. He kept on telling me that I should ring up the company but I saw from online that I have the ability to order my bank to stop any further payment. He said no and ask me to ring the company. Please help me!!!

Taylor37's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2012

Also, cancelling your card will not work as your card remains 'live' for continuous card payments for 6 months ... I think.

Shirleylam's Comment

Written on: 06/11/2012

Hi i emailed both companies and told them to cancel any further orders or take anymore money out my account, i told them i had been in touch with trading standards and on their advice i hereby want no more to do with their scam, they emailed back saying it was canclled but the two payment of £37.50 and £75 were already taken off so couldnt have it back, i went to bank and they have got the two payments now on hold and have sent me a form to fill in for the fraud team to investigate. i dont know as of yet if i will be refunded the money. hope this helps.

Hudson1981's Comment

Written on: 03/11/2012

yeah im the same in 1 month its cost me £160 pound for a 14 day trial! im taking mine all the way i will get my money back its a disgrace that they can treat people like this my husband was taking them and he was crippled with stomach cramps and when i have goodled it no one knows whats in this muck that we r paying hundreds for!