I was conned too.

Pauline7's review of Slimtone Plus www.slimtoneplus.com

Slimtone Plus www.slimtoneplus.com

“I was conned too. ”

Written on: 16/10/2012 by Pauline7 (1 review written)

They send a months supply yet offer 14 days free trial from the date ordered yet if they are not returned within the 14 days, they start taking money from you.

I sent off for the SlimTone plus and Body Cleanse Plus using my credit card. I also ordered another Body Cleanse Plus in my husbands name by Direct Debit as I didn't think the order I put in for my own SkinTone Plus had been taken. I tried to cancel two hours later but was told they had already been dispatched. I received them the next day at a cost of £7.47 postage and will be returning them today, unopened. I have worked out the return postage costs to Eire and it will be just over £15 with a proof of receipt and I wouldn't trust them by sending it any other way. The total cost of this experience will be more than £22.50 for nothing and being pensioners on a small income, we can ill afford to lose money this way. We have had to have our credit cards and debit cards cancelled and re-issued too.

The head office for this company is in Panama and that says it all! I rang the Citizens Advice support line and they say that there is nothing that can be done about this company as they are not in the UK. It seems though that they may be breaking some advertising standards agency regulations as they do not mention that you are signing up for a trial in their main web page, only in their "Terms and Conditions".

I know it is my own fault for not reading the small print but I had seen the Union Jack, BBC logo, the Daily Mirror and The Sun recommendations on this website that directed me to the so called "free trial". I mistakenly thought it was a reliable British site.

Pauline7's Response to Pauline7's Review

Written on: 17/10/2012

Further to my comments above, I posted the two packets yesterday, one in respect of my husband and the other one from me. Evidently registered and recorded mail cannot be sent to a PO Box as there is no-one to sign for it at the other end, so we used Airsure at a cost of £18.76. We can track the packages through their journey and have proof that they have been sent.

I rang Slim Tone Plus and asked if I could send it to 222 Shannon Airport House. I was told that place had now been closed, so had to send it to the PO Box.

Searching the web yesterday, I found out that this company are not allowed to trade in the USA now as they used this scam there. Consumer protection don't seem interested here in the UK as it is a foreign company so I have written to the Advertising Standards Agency as I feel their advert is breaking the rules.

Charlsb's Response to Pauline7's Review

Written on: 19/10/2012

Do you have the returns address please???

Pauline7's reply to Charlsb's Comment

Written on: 23/10/2012

Yes, it is: PO Box 111, Shannon, Co Clare, Eire.

You will need an RMA number from the company if you are returning pills to them as it has to be entered on the outside of the package. They told me that without the number on the outside, they may not be linked back to my account.