Patronising, humiliating & embarrassing

Savanna1991's review of Slimming World

Slimming World

“Patronising, humiliating and embarrassing”

Written on: 05/03/2014 by Savanna1991 (1 review written)

I joined SW for the second time just after Christmas, having lost almost 5 stone following the plan several years ago so I know it works. Maybe it is the consultant at my group, but I felt patronised, humiliated and embarrassed every time I attended. In the end, despite having paid for 12 weeks, I only actually attended 6 sessions as I couldn't put myself through this awful experience anymore. I have however, followed the diet myself at home and have now lost my first stone. To be honest I think SW need to look at training their consultants to be more sympathetic and understanding and not just standing at the front of the room reading out everyones losses or gains. With hindsight, I wish I had saved myself the £49.50.

Rosie134's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

You should report them to Slimming World Headquarters. They re-train consultants who aren't doing their job properly. My consultant is like this, that's why I have moved to a new group.