Before deciding against a fabulous lifestyle change....

BethBromley's review of Slimming World

Slimming World

“Before deciding against a fabulous lifestyle change....”

Written on: 13/08/2013 by BethBromley (1 review written)

Hello! My name is Beth, and I've been a slimming world member for almost three weeks.
I've read a lot of reviews on this site, and have found that many of them are simply criticising Consultants, rather than dismissing the diet itself. Obviously, Slimming World must address issues with Consultants, but it is unfair to put people off a fabulous diet because of certain people.

There are three reasons why this diet is wonderful.

One. It teaches you where you've been going wrong. Before slimming world, I ate a lot of bread, used a lot of butter, oil and a lot of high sugar fatty food and drinks. I felt, because I was eating these, but keeping my calorie intake low, I'd lose weight. Wrong. You need to learn to eat the right foods, rather than just eating a small amount of the wrong foods. This is why I feel weight watchers is ineffective because it doesn't teach you to eat right, simply eat less.
Slimming world require you to eat fibre rich food, vegetables, fruit, things that are wonderful for your body and mind, and wellbeing. For me, this isn't a diet, it is a way of life, changing your attitude towards food, and honestly, I feel fresher, healthier, and I am eating more than I ever have.

Two. The groups work. Each time I've weighed it, (twice so far) I've found everyone to be friendly, and our consultant (at Shaw, Oldham) is a wonderful, warm, and motivating lady. Having this support is useful, and I've lost half a stone in the two weeks I've been going (I started at 12 st 9.)

Three. It is not expensive. Eating healthily means you have to eat more vegetables, but if you do not continue buying rubbish that you have previously, your food bill will come down. Mine has been halved, and I have a family to feed! Also, its 4.95 a week, why not just walk somewhere instead of getting a bus and use that extra to attend a group? Plus, once you have reached your target, you can go to group for free, many members of our group have been target members for years.

Moo1's Response to BethBromley's Review

Written on: 19/08/2013

I go to one in waterhead and I got told off in the group last week. Someone was setting mini target, they were going on holiday I gasped cause I thought it was alot that she had set but the holiday was for 2 weeks. I was then told off and felt so small I wanted to die. Others gasped and she never said owt to them. She also told me that I got most votes for woman of the year in my group and I got excited and someone else got it not me