portion size matters!!!!

maise's review of Slimming World

Slimming World

“portion size matters!!!!”

Written on: 02/08/2013 by maise (1 review written)

I am so glad l have found this review page. I have been going to slimmers world on & off for nearly two years only to loose at the most 6lb each time and that is sticking to the programme religiously and exercising on a treadmill 24 mins & swimming every other day.
When l weighed in the other day l had gained 3lb by following the extra easy programme and was asked 'what on earth have you been doing'? By the lady who records your weight. (Which is not her place to comment)! This was not said quietly or privately. I wouldnt of minded so much if l had of cheated.
I felt awful .
The slimmers world suits some & it works !
I find when you arrive at the class you are either welcomed or totally ignored & made to feel your in the way.
You have to wait in a very long queue to pay & be weighed which is not very private if you want it to be.
Then you go and sit down & wait & wait till all the over crowed class has been weighed.
The consultant chats abit . THEN ! WAIT FOR IT! The drawn out going round every individual weight progress report!!!! ? I have on times tried not to go to sleep .
This is the the time l find you find out the consultants favorites!!!
They constantly stress you can eat as much pasta, potatoes, rice !
I don't think so !!
I think you need to still watch your portion control to succeed on this programme.
Or just look on the heart foundation's website and they will advise you how to eat healthy and its for free.

Souxi's Response to maise's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

I agree with you 100%. I followed this plan to the LETTER. I printed off my food plan every day and showed it my consultant every week. No one could work out why I was putting weight ON. It works for some people, although how I don't know, but it didn't work for me. It was so demoralising. So now I'm with WeightWatchers. What a difference!! In my first week I lost six pounds!!! I lost NOTHING with SW, not an ounce. You are quite correct, you do still need to watch your portion sizes. However with SW your lead to believe you can eat as much as you want of *free foods*, and *pile your plate high* and you will lose weight!! Rubbish. I ate lots of ruit because most of it is super speedy, and then got told to cut down!! What the hell DO they want you do to? Never again, it's WW all the way for me from now on. Best thing ever.

Savanna1991's Response to maise's Review

Written on: 05/03/2014

I completely agree with you - I hate SW and will not be going back to the patronising and humiliation. I will continue to lose weight on my own.