Marjorie Dawes has nothing on him

Guest's review of Slimming World

Slimming World

“Marjorie Dawes has nothing on him”

Written on: 18/07/2013

Unbeknown to me,my slimming world consultant failed to enter my target weight on his computer. When I reached my target weight of 10 stones 7 pounds, I missed a week and when I returned on Monday, the computer asked me for £9.90.I explained to the lady on the computer that I had reached my target weight and she sent me on my way to be weighed and said she would sort it out with the consultant. This evening, the consultant rang me at home and I can only say I was flabbergasted by his attitude. He told me that I had not reached my target weight which apparently the computer had set at 10 stones (much too skinny for a tall 55 year old) and that this was the computer's default weight when people hadn't decided what their target weight was to be. This same problem had happened to my friend the previous week. We joined on the same day, her target was 10st 12lb, mine 10st 7lb .We clearly stated this to the consultant and he wrote it down. He told me on the phone that this problem had cost him £9.90 and more or less accused me of lying to him. He was unwilling to listen to what I had to say and just kept repeating himself. He said that if I had achieved my target weight, the women at the scales would have rewarded me with a sticker and congratulated me and as they had not done this, he believed his point to be proven. I have been attending slimming world for many weeks both this time and previously and spent a considerable amount of money there. I found the attitude of this consultant disappointing and objectionable. I will certainly not be attending again and do not feel I could recommend this experience to anyone-even if I didn't much like them.

Adversary's Comment

Written on: 18/08/2013

You can always try Weightwatchers

Rosethescose's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2013

Congratulations on losing the weight! You do not need them, just carry on with what you are doing so you do not lose any more pounds from your pocket!

Mjd250572's Comment

Written on: 25/10/2013

Name and shame the consultant and their area - as there are some great ones - and some really awful ones - this one deserves closing down as their success is only down to goodwill and commitment from their clients.

Trebledouble's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2013

Console yourself with a KFC bargain bucket!

Kardeb's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

You should complain directly to slimming world hq! They would not appreciate consultants acting in this way

Aquascorp's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2013

I'm sure they wouldn't. You'll always find somebody who doesn't take responsibilty for his own oversight.
However, the thing is, Slimming World system works! My wife goes along, steps out and comes back, e.g. after Xmas, and I lose weight as well! Without any deprivation or feeling I'm / we are on a diet...
There are usually a number of groups around, so I'd look up another one nearby, and try them out.