never again

Guest's review of Slimming World

Slimming World

“never again”

Written on: 11/01/2012

I was really motivated to start losing weight wheni went to slimming world having had 2 children and piled it on. Initailly i thought the consultant was really nice, that was until i started to breast feed my 4 month old daughter. I was sat at the back in a daytime meeting and am very discreat, however she told me that she would prefer me to next time 'bring something in a bottle' or to sit behind the screens as she didnt feel it was appropriate! Absolutly disgusting attitude, and i will never go back or recomend her to anybody.

Garrodl's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2012

I agree with the consultant. I would feel uncomfortable and they can be mixed groups so I think its inappropriate. I appreciate you need to do it but she did say you could sit behind a screen. Why should everyone else feel uncomfortable?

Leander's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2012

Wow! I know I'm a bit late responding, but Garrodl!!! Really?

You're right, this has nothing to do with the diet, but I'm shocked at such a dated and medieval point of view surfacing in the year 2012.

I thought we were past all those archaic primitive thought processes, I'm shocked and saddened to see that you aren't.

As for the diet, fair play for you joining, there are many good consultants, even though the diet isn't for me, it works for many people and you have done well to join in the first place.
Don't be disheartened.

Abailey175's Comment

Written on: 17/01/2012

With all due respect this has nothing to do with slimming world being a good diet to follow ..this is a reviewer experiencing someone who is extremly ignorant ...I too was told to not bring my 5 month old daughter to group because she couldnt settle at the time i was abit put out but understood it could be off putting for the rest of the group but a woman breastfeeding is not something that should be addressed as inappropriate.....I would encourage you to join another group and have a chat with the consultant first before you went ...the plan is brilliant and it would be a shame for you to miss out ..best of luck

Leighh's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2012

Garrodl, what a pig headed response to the most natural thing in the world. Babies need to eat. FACT!!! And just because the baby is feeding from the breast, it doesn't mean that any part of the breast is visible. It can be done very discreetly.
I have no children but I still understand the concept of having to feed your child.