no support or motivation offered by the leader

pshah80's review of Slimming World

Slimming World

“no support or motivation offered by the leader”

Written on: 20/10/2011 by pshah80 (1 review written)

so i joined slimming 2 weeks ago, i had really geared myself up for losing this baby weight, and was totally ready, I arrived at the group was weighed and sat through the meeting the leader asked me and a few others to wait back so she could explain.

she spent 5 mins explaining very little about how the plan works, i explained i was a veggie and she said " its the same but no meat and ean extra "a" and "b" choice. she said it was best for that i went away and read the book to understand everything.

1 week later, i go in to get weighed and ive lost nothing, i felt really disheartened and demotivated, and that day she looked at my food diary and was quite patronizing saying that "you sure you only have 2 hotdrinks?" she said it looked fine just to add more salad, which i thought fair enough, however the group session there was no motivbation she just said i wont say anything just dive in and do all the tasting! at which point i left and now have no intention to return i have continued and have lost 2 lbs this week but refuse to go pay 4,95 to just be weighed.although i think i could really do with the support and motivation however i am now going to have to do it alone, and focus on the end goal!

Guest's Response to pshah80's Review

Written on: 18/11/2011

Try maybe visiting another group with a different group leader. I felt the group leader which I first went to very patronising and basically no idea what she was talking about half the time, the new group I go to is brilliant. The consultant is lovely. She is always there when you need her and provides the most amazing support. I couldn't have lost my baby weight without her!
PS- I'm also veggie :)

Bethieb's Response to pshah80's Review

Written on: 07/02/2013

I had a similar experience recently. The new members talk was appalling and at the next class the consultant was taking the money and couldn't even be bothered to look up from the laptop to say hello... just held out her hand for the card ! Fortunately, I have been a member in the past and know how the plan works so am losing weight. As to the atttitude of the consultant ? Well, I am looking to change to a different class. The plans are great and really easy to follow but a good or bad consultant can make a whole heap of difference.