Diet Chef Devious & underhand processed food suppliers

uuu617's review of Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

Diet Chef - www.dietchef.co.uk

“Diet Chef Devious and underhand processed food suppliers”

Written on: 23/04/2013 by uuu617 (1 review written)

I ordered two months supply of Diet Chef food as we were going on holiday and we wanted to loose a little weight. I paid an excessive amount as I had only ordered 2 months as it was cheaper to buy more.
The first month arrived and we received an e mail notifying us that the second month was about to be shipped and allowed us to change some of our choices. Some of the dishes were OK but others tasted very processed so we did try some other dishes. Whilst on holiday we received an e mail saying our Third months food had been dispatched and our credit card had been charged. I immediately contacted home but it had been delivered. Diet chef said that I am supposed to cancel my order and referred me to the small print on their terms and conditions. I only ordered specifically 2 months supply but they insist they have an open contract with their customers to supply as long as they wish.i had to pay to return the food. It is very devious to send out the unwanted third months food without any notification. If they can be so underhand with their finances, what devious shortcuts are they making with their ingredient?.
I will never use them again, various Supermarkets have superior tasting food of a much higher quality.

By Dietchef

Written on: 16/12/2013

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your Diet Chef experience. Our product development team and executive chef do try to bring meals to the menu, which are of good quality and varied in taste, whilst also maintaining the correct profile of calories / portion control.

All of our plans are on a continuous subscription until cancelled. This system has been set up due to popular demand, to make it easier for the majority of our customers, who choose to stay on the diet after their initial order, to maintain a consistent weight loss. We do make this clear in our marketing information, and changes have been made with regard to this on our website since your purchase in April.

All the best, Diet Chef

Uuu617's reply to Dietchef's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2013

It's taken 8 months to reply to this review. Says everything about your commitment to customer service. I think your continuous subscription is possibly illegal and has no connection at all with "popular" demand, unless of course it was your convenient popular decision.

By Dietchef

Written on: 17/12/2013

Hello again! I can assure you that our rolling subscriptions are completely above board and from the feedback we get, the majority of our customers value it as an easy option to keep their weight loss journey going. As we have no connection to ReviewCentre.com, we weren't aware of this site until very recently and only just discovered the reviews on here. Our official customer review site is Trust Pilot. All Trust Pilot reviews are automatically posted onto our website, and we monitor it closely, but unfortunately it's difficult for our team to keep track of every independent review website out there. If anyone has a complaint, or wants a response from us in relation to an issue, there are lots of ways to feed back to us directly - including our social media pages, which we monitor ourselves, or by contacting our customer services team. You can call them, or chat with them online, using the Live Chat function on our website. Again, very sorry that you had a bad experience with Diet Chef, but we do take the feedback we get from customers seriously and are constantly looking at ways to improve our service. Take care!