Making using a computer enjoyable

• Ease of Set Up

carrie76's review of Apple iMac 2009

Apple iMac 2009

“Making using a computer enjoyable”

Written on: 27/08/2012 by carrie76 (5 reviews written)

I do not use a computer for anything specific like games or video editing. But I do use it all day every day. Previously I waited for my Windows machine to boot up everyday. With the iMac I just let it "sleep" at night so it turns on instantly. I restart it once a week which takes 2 minutes. It is fast using the internet and applications. The screen is great. I have an old monitor next to it and the difference is night and day. The colours are bright and clear. It also adjusts brightness depending on the sunlight which is great for my eyes.

Before I would get headaches from staring at the screen all day. Now I can sit back and enjoy the bigger sized screen. I have the 21.5 inch screen. One day I would like to get the 27" monitor as an extra screen too. Changing to Mac was easier than I expected. There are some things that are different to Windows but you soon get used to them. The mouse and keyboard are good quality. I also got the Magic Trackpad but I'm preferring the mouse. It has converted me to Apple and I now understand what all the fuss is about. Next on my shopping list is the Macbook Air just to use for travel.

• 6 - 12 Months