The Dog Inn, Pentrich Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Sallysubmarine's review of The Dog Inn, Pentrich

“Woooow wee, where do I Start, this will be grim!! Very...”

Written on: 15/02/2013 by Sallysubmarine (1 review written)

Woooow wee, where do I Start, this will be grim!! Very small Portions... You need 3 courses to fill you up, Here go's.. we was booked in for Sunday lunch 9th feb.2013, We was waiting 25mins before being seated at a table that was vacant and set ready all that time, not a biggy at this point, we placed our orders, it was very under staffed and somewhat under experienced,my mum asked for extra veg as she did'nt want potatoes, that did'nt seem a problem at the time, our food arrived looking lovely, the chef can cook, but we was served 1 portion of veg in a small dish between 3 of us, we asked for more veg. But the staff took that long in sorting it out, we had to ask twice, When it did eventually arrive we had finished our meal, Not Impressed, as the table next to us had 1 dish of veg each!! Is was a very pricey meal for what you got,maybe that's how they make there money, you need 3 courses to feel as though you had a good fill, and believe me I'm no big eater, then to top it all off we got charged a lot more than what we should have, But the bill was not itemised so that was a tad difficult, we did eventually sort it out,but the staff was a little slow to say the least on sorting it out, they did not have a clue,very disappointing visit, will not be recommending and certainly will not be returning, I was that disappointed I phoned up on the Monday to explain how ripped off I felt, she said it was because they was a large party in and they was priority!! but we was still paying customers too, she was very defensive and basically told me if we had been before we would have known to order more veg!! and to write a review who cares, disgusting attitude to have,Please do not waste your money, go to a nice village pub somewhere that will be half the price and bigger portions for your money.

• Gastro

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual