Birthday Sunday Lunch

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

IamBarbaraM's review of The Dog Inn, Pentrich

“Birthday Sunday Lunch”

Written on: 05/12/2011 by IamBarbaraM (1 review written)

Not being from the area but by a process of elimination and looking at reviews, I decided on The Dog to bring my daughter, and her friend, for Sunday lunch to celebrate her birthday.
On arrival we were warmly greeted, and offered drinks with the menus.The specials of the day were pointed out to us on the chalk boards, before sitting at our table in the dining area. The whole place is nicely decorated, quite modern but sympathetic to the age of the building.The bar area has a wood burner and looked very cozy. We could have eaten in there if we had wanted.
After some deliberation, the choice was very tempting, we all had the crab & crayfish cocktail starter which was delicious and nicely presented. For main course my daughter had the dry aged steak,her friend chose the Roast Lamb & I plumped for the Roast Pork. We certainly did not wait too long before our main courses came out, accompanied by a selection of delicious vegetables. Plates were cleared, absolutely delicious.
For dessert(yes we went for that as well) the two girls had creme brule, and I had the chocolate brownie.
The staff were charming, attentive but not intrusive. Oh and the loos were good too!
I would without a doubt go back there again and highly recommend to others, I do not recognise this pub from some of the negative reviews!
If I had any niggles it was that the plates that our main courses came on were not hot and the Roast Beef on the Sunday lunch menu was silverside and therefore not available rare, I would have had this otherwise. Also my Chocolate Brownie had walnuts in it, which were not advised on the menu, and I detest!

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual