surprised but a little disappointed

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

dawnmike's review of Selfridges

“surprised but a little disappointed”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by dawnmike (1 review written)

My partner and I visited Selfridges last week, you have an amazing store, you should be congratulated on the vast array of mechandise, your staff levels and the care and service given to your customers by those staff.

The building is magnificent, but on entering the store through the main doors we were a little surprised that there was no statue celebrating 'Harry Selfridge', the founder of Selfridges and designer of the modern department store as we know it. It is also a shame that there is no small area which could be used to exhibit some of the archive material that I believe the store still has available showing how Selfridges evolved over the years in merchandising and staff welfare. Also we saw no plaque or monument to those staff who had not returned from the two world wars.

It is also a shame that the roof garden no longer exists and that there is no elegant restaurant similar to that shown in Mr Selfridge. On our visit the 'display windows' were disappointing. Each window promoted skateboarding with bland and unimaginative displays. Not only young people shop at selfridges!

We loved your store, it is a special place but could become even more special and unique.

We will definately return and enjoyed the experience. Not often is our money taken so politely.

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Darjeeeling's Response to dawnmike's Review

Written on: 15/09/2014

I agree with you. judging from the majority of the views expressed here..Mr Selfridge is twirling in his grave at the new lax standards they now accept from their staff. Sad, really. Marshall Fields was my Selfridge experience while it was still around. Wonderful products and customer service for everyone!