Very poor customer service & attitude

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Selfridges

“Very poor customer service and attitude”

Written on: 23/01/2014

I had very disappointing experience today. I ordered a 32 gb kindle hdx online for next day delivery yesterday. I received a 16 gb one. Lucky for me I spotted this from the outer-packaging and didn't break any seals. I wanted one quickly hence the next day delivery and I was told that they need to pick up the item and process it at the warehouse before sending the right one. This means I would have to wait a few days before getting the right item. The item could go out of stock during that time. Going through customer service was a painful and frustrating experience. They also expected me to be at home between 9-3 for collection. they didn't seem to get it that even if I could delay and postpone other things I had to go and pick up my kids from school so wouldnt be in 2-3 (mon-fri). There was nothing could be done about that apparently. They didn't offer me the chance to drop the item at a collection point. they said I could post it using express registered delivery but I would have to pay the cost. If I want to return it free I would have to use the courier. I eventually lost allI interest in getting the right kindle hdx and wanted a refund including the £8 postage I paid. I will never buy from Selfridges onliune again. The thought of having to go through customer services is a major put off. why couldn't they just issue the right item immediately for dispatch? and let me use a parcel-drop serivce. all i know is that I need to buy it from somewhere else but would have to wait till my money is refunded. what an awful expereince.

• Kindle Fire HDX