Poor staff knowledge

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Andrea170270's review of John Lewis

“Poor staff knowledge”

Written on: 07/07/2014 by Andrea170270 (1 review written)

Went to our local John Lewis Baby Department. Needed to buy Nursery Furniture, Pram, Car Seat etc. Was very excited as this was our first baby shopping trip. Arrived at the store and had to wait 40 minutes before we were served. As new expectant parents we needed to be shown everything from scratch, how to work things, fit them in the car etc.

Although the lady who eventually served us was very polite she actually didn't know anything. She referred to the instruction book every time we asked a question! I can do that myself I wanted an expert to show me how the pram worked not read to me from a book.

We asked about the possibility of discount if we were purchasing our furniture and pram together as we would be spending in excess of £2,000. We were told no this was not something they offered although they would price match if we went away and came back with cheaper quotes. Very disappointing as we wanted to order everything that day. Needless to say we didn't go back and wouldn't consider them in the future. Ended up buying everything from a much smaller independent store who really knew their stuff.

• None but was going to purchase Boori Furniture and a Bugaboo Pram