They would not deliver a fridge!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

iainmj's review of John Lewis

“They would not deliver a fridge!”

Written on: 06/07/2014 by iainmj (1 review written)

Last week, I went to John Lewis in Bluewater to replace our Maytag American fridge freezer. I was interested in either a John Lewis or Fisher Paykel appliance. I was told by the sales assistant that she couldn’t guarantee delivery as we have 10 steps to our house and a gravel drive. She phoned both manufacturers, and was told that it was up to the driver, and he could just leave at the bottom of the steps if he felt he couldn’t lift it.
The sales assistant also told me that they would not take my old Maytag away, and probably the council wouldn’t either. From that I deduced that John Lewis thinks that we couldn’t have a fridge!
I emailed Appliance city, explaining the delivery problems with steps and a gravel drive. They phoned me immediately and told me that there would be no problem.
I ordered a Fisher Playkel RF540ADUSX4 from them for £1899 plus £10 for 2 delivery men and £12 for taking away the old Maytag. You are selling the same model for £1999. So not only are they not “not knowingly undersold”, but they do not seem very keen to sell goods in the first place.
The Fridge was delivered today, 8 days after being ordered, by 2 men who were efficient and polite. It was a fabulous service and I will go straight to Appliance City next time I need electrical goods.

• Bluewater