'Special Delivery'?

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

KennethMcDowell's review of John Lewis

“'Special Delivery'?”

Written on: 13/06/2014 by KennethMcDowell (1 review written)

Ordered a freezer from John Lewis, at a very good price. As informed, was txtd the evening before and given a time slot of 11.40 to 14.40. Went to friends house for a coffee and was surprised to receive a phone call at 11.10 from the delivery driver to tell me that my freezer had arrived, I told them that I'd be back in five minutes, (caller seemed a bit moody) On arrival at home, I parked about 50 feet away from my house as obviously the van was in front of my house. As I walked across the balding male just stared at me with a cross look on his face, no smile or acknowledgement whatsoever. I opened up my front door and told them that I,d open the side gates, thinking, this man is in a foul mood, made me feel nervous (the other whilst not chatty seemed ok)There was no, enjoy your product, the plugs inside or anything just 'sign here' I think if I'd have been a male, he would have behaved differently. Yes, basically I was made to feel uncomfortable because the delivery men came early. This isn't the John Lewis that I know, and I love to shop at Waitrose and JL, but will think twice before ordering a large item again!!

• Zanussi freezer