14day returns policy consumer friendly ?

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

wpBowman58's review of House of Fraser

“14day returns policy consumer friendly ?”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by wpBowman58 (1 review written)

I have had an extremely negative experience in attempting to return a garment to HoF having inadvertently transgressed the extraordinarily severe 14 day returns period. Totally unaware of this policy I attempted to return a Coast jacket 3 days after the expiry of the return date. It was for my nephew's wedding the previous week and due to the extremely hot weather, I could not wear it. I therefore do not need it and being retired could do with the money being returned to my bank account. I was however only offered a 'gift' card. This therefore enables HoF to keep my money. What an underhand strategy.I notice that the store in question, Reading does not display the returns policy, and nor do the staff mention it at the point of sale, so unless you read the back of the receipt , you are in blissful ignorance until you try to return the item after 14 days. I no longer want to shop in this store but will have to to spend the 'gift' voucher at some point in the future.. What an extremely short sighted way to run a company. How much custom do you think you have lost HoF? Short term gain for long term pain !

• Reading