The wardrobe that never quite gets delivered

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Caracalla's review of Fenwick

“The wardrobe that never quite gets delivered”

Written on: 31/03/2014 by Caracalla (1 review written)

More than 2 months ago I paid Fenwick's in Canterbury £1,500 for a Nolte wardrobe, including a set of drawers to be installed inside it. I had a long conversation with Nolte's installers, Probuild, to arrange delivery and installation when we agreed a delivery date. It turned out however that they thought I wanted the drawers delivered but not the wardrobe, so when I pointed out that I wanted both they said they would call me back. Of course they didn't, so I spoke again with Fenwick's in Canterbury, who arranged a delivery date - last Monday. It turned out, however, that Probuild's van left with the drawers but not the wardrobe, so I was told I would have to rearrange delivery. I rearranged delivery for today. When there was no sign of the wardrobe by 5:00pm I 'phoned Fenwick's who assured me that it would be delivered by 6:00pm. Some time after 6:00pm I received an automated message from Probuild to say that they had run out of driver time and I would have to rearrange delivery (again). Fenwick's have had my money for more than 2 months and I am no nearer to getting my wardrobe. I am in the process of redecorating my house but I cannot make further progress until the wardrobe has been delivered and installed, so I will now have to reschedule my decorating work. I have made special arrangements to spend two Mondays waiting at home for a delivery that has not been made.

My conclusion is: Don't buy furniture from Fenwick's, don't buy a Nolte wardrobe, and above all make sure that you don't ever have to rely on Probuild to deliver and install anything that you buy.

• canterbury