Apalling attitude by head dentist...!

dani_cali's review of Binley Woods Dentistry - www.binleywoodsdentistry.co.uk

Binley Woods Dentistry - www.binleywoodsdentistry.co.uk

“Apalling attitude by head dentist...!”

Written on: 14/08/2013 by dani_cali (4 reviews written)

Recently, my 9 year old son was taken by his father, without my knowledge, to this private dentist, even though I have always had sole residency of my son by court order.

My son already had an NHS dentist that I took him to regularly and where my ex was privy to all information. My son has no issues of concern with his teeth at present, so there was no reason to take him to a private dentist.

Thus, when my son told me that his father brought him to this dentist recently, then confirmed to me that it was this dentist by looking at the website pictures, I emailed the dentist direct.

I asked him to please confirm that my son was taken to him (already knew he was), and to please inform me as to what, if anything, was done to my son's teeth during the visit and the purpose of the appointment, given my son already had a dentist. I explained I was my son's mother with full parental responsibility, and that as a courtesy I wished to know if and why my son was taken there.

This dentist came back to me via email claiming that he was using his 'discretion' to refuse to disclose anything to me - about my own son!

It disgusts me what money can buy.

I would avoid this dentist purely on that basis. I mean, if he refuses to tell a child's mother basic information, what else is he going to hide?

Disgusting treatment of parents, totally unacceptable, to shame.