Lovely meal without the tourist cheese

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

janeyjenko's review of The Reef, Sandown www.thereefsandown.co.uk

“Lovely meal without the tourist cheese”

Written on: 21/11/2012 by janeyjenko (13 reviews written)

I visit the Island for the first time in years.
We'd been for a walk from St Lawrance and needed feeding.
I really wanted sea food, and spending hald my time in France I always find it difficult in the UK to find a restaurant that isn't going to be over priced and was afraid of the British holiday maker sausage egg and chips air about it.
Weighing up our options we chose The Reef. The menu had a satisfying choice, and we opted for the Crab sandwich, we headed to the bar to order our food, the staff were friendly and attentive and as other customers food was delivered, we could see there were definite options for a return visit.
Our food arrived, I've see other reviews about delays and negative staff, but I can say that this was certainly not our experience.
The sandwich as amazing, just what we were looking for, a great price and not just a little bit of Crab.
A second visit was definitely in order - so we did! and the same can be said for visit two.
Visit 2 was on a Sunday, and I have seen other reviews on the Reef commenting that they should have Sunday Lunch in peak season available because other places do! - your're absolutely right, so many other places do and this is why I would choose the Reef in peak season every time.

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all