I feel like I can breath again.

Guest's review of StepChange Debt Charity - www.stepchange.org

“I feel like I can breath again.”

Written on: 22/06/2013

It probably took over a year to pluck up courage to seek help with my debt, all the while getting deeper in. With retirement looming I became more desperate. I found Step Change on line, bit the bullet and picked up the phone.

I retired yesterday and received a letter this morning headed "Congratulations you are debt free", I can't say how relieved and elated I am to be able to retire without that cloud over my head.

With a small share save maturity from my employment and some help with funds from family, Step Change negotiated a percentage settlement.

From the first person I spoke to to the settlement team, everyone was so supportive. Whenever something was worrying me I just picked up the phone and instantly felt at ease.

I wish I had made a note of everyone's names because they all deserve a mention, but thanks to the settlement department and everyone else who helped me.

Whatever your circumstances don't delay, pick up the phone and call Step Change, if someone in your family needs help get them to ring, believe me life will change for the better.

Thank you so much Step Change.