Conflict of interest

Guest's review of Gregory Pennington www.gregorypennington.co.uk

“Conflict of interest”

Written on: 18/03/2013

like everyone that uses a company like this, I was desperate to find a solution to my debts.
after reading the reviews that are listed here I can see that Gregory Pennington seem to adopt the same ill informed, misleading and irresponsible approach with all it's customers.
the advice I was given was to not communicate with any of my creditors and forward statements etc directly to them and they would take care of everything for me. ......They didn't! And what's more, my debts have increased massively with additional charges etc.
I confronted them about their unprofessional manner and they switched me to a new personal account manager. I have since spoken to 4 other managers as it is nearly impossible to speak directly to the one allocated to me. At this stage they suggested I was lying about the advice I was given and the increase in charges etc I was experiencing was my fault and not theirs.
I have since discovered that they are part of the royal bank of Scotland group.......so are my creditors .
If you are in debt and need help would you take advice from the people you owe money too? No! Me neither.
Anybody who has similar issues with Gregory Pennington can I suggest you complain officially to the banking ombudsman.
In any other profession this would be considered unprofessional, misleading and possibly fraudulent.

• Quality Of Service

Debt123's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2013

gregory pennington are not part of the royal bank of scotland group. they are part of the think money group. their personal account is managed by the RBS as they dont have an independant banking licence but the debt managment side has no affiliation to any creditor in such a way. payplan and step chance are funded by creditors.