Never ending iva

Samanthalockwood86's review of Debt Free Direct www.debtfreedirect.co.uk

“Never ending iva”

Written on: 01/09/2014 by Samanthalockwood86 (1 review written)

I should of finished my Iva in February 2012 it's now a year and a half later and it's still isn't closed. I had calls from equity in finance about ppi claims which I told them I never had any ppi but they said unless I signed my iva would not be able to be closed. So I did then they contacted me saying that they had checked and I didn't have any ppi. What a waste of time that was. Then I had letter from debt free direct stating that I had to sign and return the forms so they could go ahead and close my iva and keep the ppi claim open, I signed and returned them along with a phone call to say that equity in finance had been in contact to say that they had found no ppi claims. Anyway nothing come of that I then had an email 3rd of May to say did had been to court and my creditors had agreed to close my iva and keep the ppi claims going. I thought that I was finally going to get my life back on track but no 8 weeks later still no certificate another phone call to dfd for them to tell me that they needed a me a sign a form which they had not sent out and a new expenditure form to fill out even though my I've should have finished 18months ago. The latest email was to say I know you must be stressed with the closing of your iva (too bloody right) but they needed me to sign and return yet another form to agree to arrange a meeting with my creditors for the closure of my iva It's now September 2014 and there has been no further developments you just get any excuse when you phone them up just another customer that they don't give two hoots about . it been the most stressful process I've ever dealt with. I WONT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE !!!!!!!!

Why2014's Response to Samanthalockwood86's Review

Written on: 16/09/2014

This is unbelievable! We paid our last payment in August 2013 and despite assurances since that completion was imminent we are still waiting for our closure certificate that we would be able to use to rebuild our credit score. We didn't go bankrupt, we didn't shed responsibility for our debt. We have paid the vast majority back and in the process learned a very hard lesson and spend 7 years budgeting every penny spent. We don't ever want to lend irresponsibly again but want to have the chance with well paying jobs now to get on the property ladder. We are now in our late 30's and time is ticking. Student debt and divorce implications should now be of the past, we have paid what we owe and not shirked under the cloak of bankruptcy. Please just give us our completion certificate and let us move on, I would never recommend DFD. You do your part and they are criminally negligent in theirs I would say. More fool us for doing the right thing and going through the red tape only to be let down. Having gone through the complaints procedure with DFD and being told that our. Completion was in the hands of the insolvency practitioner since April 2014 we are still waiting. The financial ombudsman can't consider the administration of the IVA only the initial advice (which in the emotional turmoil is a distant memory). DFD complaints say that they cant do anything more. I am now going to my MP and perhaps the newspapers. If anyone has a story to support get in touch.